CONTACT US TODAY!
- Phone Number (305) 441-0200
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location 2625 Ponce de Leon Blvd, Suite 280
- Hours Mon to Fri - 9:00am to 5:00pm
ABOUT THIS SERVICE
We at Rogero Law believe that a business can grow and thrive with a well-selected and protected trademark. We are enthusiastic about helping businesses to select and register their trademarks.
WHAT IS A TRADEMARK?
A trademark is generally a word, phrase, symbol, or design, or a combination thereof, that identifies and distinguishes the source of the goods of one party from those of others. A service mark is the same as a trademark, except that it identifies and distinguishes the source of a service rather than goods. Generally, the terms “trademark” and “mark” refer to both trademarks and service marks. A trademark is the key factor in setting a product or company apart from others that provide similar services or products.
HOW ARE TRADEMARK RIGHTS PROTECTED?
Trademark rights may be used to prevent others from using a confusingly similar mark, but not to prevent others from making the same goods or from selling the same goods or services under a clearly different mark. Trademarks that are used in interstate or foreign commerce may be registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
Trademark rights arise upon use of a mark to brand goods or services offered in commerce. Registration is not necessary to gain some simple trademark rights, but registration offers the advantages of public notice and enhanced legal remedies to help protect the owner’s rights.
HOW CAN I GET HELP WITH MY TRADEMARK?
The law surrounding trademarks can be challenging for a company to interpret on its own. Rogero Law can assist you to secure and protect your trademark and obtain the benefits of registration of your trademark.
At Rogero Law, we provide you with the legal support you need to clear and register trademarks correctly. The process of selecting, registering and protecting your trademarks is complicated, and our team will take the time to review your options and advise which options are most appropriate for you.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF REGISTRATION?
Once you decide upon one or more trademarks, you will be able to take advantage of many benefits provided by registration, including:
- A legal presumption of your ownership of the mark and your exclusive right to use the mark nationwide on or in connection with the goods/services listed in the registration
- Public notice of your claim of ownership of the mark
- The ability to record the U.S. registration with U.S. Customs and Border Protection to prevent importation of infringing foreign goods
- The right to use the federal registration symbol “® ”
- The ability to sue infringers of the mark in federal court, and to seek compensation for damages caused by counterfeits and infringements
- The use of the U.S. registration as a basis to obtain registration in foreign countries
- A registered trademark protects your company’s image and reputation
Still unsure about how crucial securing a trademark may be? According to financial experts, a trademark of a company’s brand can account for up to one third of its entire corporate value. This means that if you have not taken steps to protect your trademark by registering your business’s unique identity, you may be missing out on securing substantial value.
Although registering a trademark can eliminate a significant amount of worry from facing unwarranted legal issues, complications may still arise. However, an experienced trademark attorney should have the knowledge and expertise both to handle the situation competently and prevent further problems from occurring altogether.